EVENTS OF THE FIRST PASSOVER
1st NEW MOON
- Ex.10:24: Moses and Aaron meet
- Ex.10:28-29: Prophecy of Pharaoh's
- Ex.11:8: Moses leaves the meeting
with Pharaoh in anger.
- Ex.11:1: God tells Moses about the
- Ex.11:2-3: Moses is told to tell
the Israelites to collect the spoil from the Egyptians (see Ex.3:21-22).
- Ex. 11:4-7: The destruction of the
firstborn and Israel's protection is foretold.
- Ex.12:1-2: The month Nisan is the
beginning of months.
- Ex.12:3-5: The Israelites are
instructed to select a lamb on the 10th day to be kept until the 14th
- Ex.12:6: The Lamb is to be
sacrificed on the 14th day.
- Ex. 12:7-11: The instruction for
the Passover ceremony and meal.
- Ex.12:12-13: The destruction of
Egypt's firstborn is foretold again.
- Ex.12:14: The day the Israelites
leave Egypt is to be remembered as a memorial.
- Ex.12:15-20: The Festival of
Unleavened Bread is explained.
Lamb is selected for the sacrifice. 11th 12th
Sundown on the 14th
- The 14th begins at
sundown at the end of the 13th day of Nisan.
- 3 P.M. 14th Ex.12:2122:
Moses gives the order to kill the lambs. (Ex.12:6).
- 14th Ex.12:28:
The lambs are slaughtered between the two evenings of the 14th/15th
Sundown on the 14th/15th
- The first day of Unleavened Bread
with the Passover meal (Lev.23:6; Num.28:16-18).
- 15th Ex.12:29:
The Death Angel kills the Egyptians' firstborn (Ex.11:4-5).
- 15th Ex.12:30-33:
Moses and Aaron are ordered by Pharaoh to leave Egypt.
- 15th Ex.12:34:
The Israelites begin to leave Egypt at night (in the early morning of the 15th).
- Ex.12:37: The Israelites camp at
Succoth after traveling all day on the 15th (Num.33:5).
The Passover is a
continuous ceremony that occurs at the end of one day and the beginning of another.
By B. L.
Cocherell, file b5w32 9